If you don’t know what a Morir Sonando is, it is a flavorful Dominican beverage that is made using oranges and milk. (Yummy!)
Morir Sonando in English means “to die dreaming”.
A few restaurants in New York have made this beverage as their mark drink and brag that they serve the perfect Morir Sonando in the city.
It is a mixed drink prepared with squeezed orange, cane sugar syrup (or pure sweetener), milk (or evaporated milk) and crushed ice.
Morir Sonando is normally served with dinner or with a mid-afternoon snack.
It is nutritious and ideal with snacks for children.
Morir Sonando Recipe
Morir Sonando Recipe Ingredients
- Some vanilla extract drops
- 3½ cups cold vaporized milk
- 3 cups orange juice freshly squeezed (5 lb oranges)
- ¾ cup of cane sugar
- Ice (crushed)
Morir Sonando Recipe Directions
- Chill the oranges for some time before squeezing.
- Mix the vaporized milk with cane sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the ice (crushed) and blend.
- Slowly pour the fresh orange juice into the milk without mixing.
- Serve immediately.
To see the most popular recipe on Christina All Day, butter cake just like the one from California Pizza Kitchen, click here.