Every once in a while we get an American Lifestyle magazine by our real estate agent, Steve Roberge.
In the magazine, we tried out a recipe for ginger molasses cookies that was delicious, so we didn’t only bake them, but we made a video showing you how we made them and I’m sharing the cookie recipe with you here.
This recipe makes about 18 cookies.
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
Ginger Molasses Cookies Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of molasses
Ginger Molasses Cookies Directions
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a mixer, mix the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and molasses to the mixture.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients and continue to mix.
- If you’re not using cookie cutters, portion out the cookies by forming a golf ball and flatten each cookie slightly using your palms or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let them cool before you enjoy your chewy ginger molasses cookies!
For more recipes, click here.