This is the second flan recipe I’m posting on my blog… and for good reason. This flan recipe you can make in the crockpot. It’s such an easy recipe even my young daughter can make it in the Crock-Pot.
We’re always documenting the different dessert recipes we whip up at home for special occasions and just everyday life. See the short video below.
For this delicious dessert recipe, you will need a slow cooker or a Crock-Pot. This is a link to the one I use on Amazon for about $36. Crock-Pot recipes are perfect for me because they are hard to mess up. You can also use an Instant Pot for this as well. Here’s the one I use at home. It sells for $89 on Amazon. For best results, I suggest a slow cooker because they’re usually bigger.
Slow Cooker Caramel Flan Recipe
The best part? This simple recipe has an ingredient checklist with basic ingredients probably lying around your kitchen right now.
Slow Cooker Caramel Flan Ingredients
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces of whole milk
- 3 eggs (egg whites and egg yolks)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce (you can use homemade caramel sauce by melting sugar or store-bought)
- Ramekins for baking
Slow Cooker Caramel Flan Directions
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In the ramekins, pour a little bit of caramel sauce in the bottom, then use a spoon to spread it along the sides. You can use melted sugar for this step if you don’t want to use store-bought caramel sauce.
- Pour the milk, egg, and vanilla mixture into the ramekins.
- Cover the bottom of the Crock-Pot with about 1/2 of water. (It doesn’t need to be hot water since you’re putting them in a slow cooker. Room temperature is fine.)
- Gently place the ramekins in the (center of the pan or) Crock-Pot.
- Bake the flan on high for two hours of cooking time on medium heat.
- After two hours, cool the flan in the refrigerator or on a wire rack for another two hours.
- Use a knife to loosen the edge of the flan on the sides of the ramekins.
- Flip the ramekin upside down on a plate.
- Enjoy your slow cooker caramel flan with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some fresh berries, or fresh apples.
Aren’t crockpot desserts the best?! Next time, try different flavors of flan like creamy chocolate flan, adding apple pie filling to the recipe, peanut butter, or brown sugar. What slow cooker desserts are you making? Find me on Instagram at @ChristinaAllDay and let me know.
If you like this caramel flan recipe, then I suggest trying caramel apple dump cake, bread pudding, hot fudge pudding cake, slow cooker creme brulee, crockpot lava cake, or slow cooker brownie pudding.