I couldn’t figure out how to operate my Instant Pot, so I handed over all the Instant Pot cooking to my husband. He’s great at it.
This made me hesitant to buy an air fryer but after I kept hearing everyone rave about them, I bought one… for my husband. As expected, the Cosori Air Fryer is a hit – not just in my house but on Amazon too.
How to Make Frozen Dumplings (Potstickers) in the Air Fryer
At my request, we popped some frozen dumplings in the air fryer but not just any frozen dumplings – P.F. Chang’s Signature Frozen Chicken Dumplings. (I’m a firm believer in if you can’t visit local restaurants, bring them home to you!)
Like most frozen dumplings, or any frozen food really, there is not a cooking method for an air fryer on the box, so we got creative… and it worked! (No more pan of hot oil or traditional deep frying here!)
The Cosori Air Fryer has a square basket which makes it easy to cook the entire book in a single batch.
Frozen Potstickers in the Air Fryer Cook Time
- First, set the air fryer to high heat at 370 degrees Fahrenheit and push play. (Yes, there is a play button like on your remote.)
- As soon as it heats up, place each potsticker flat in the air fryer basket one by one.
- Then, drizzle some olive oil or this sesame oil on top. This turns the frozen chicken dumplings into golden, crunchy potstickers. Perfect potstickers!
- Cook them for six minutes.
- Using a tong, flip all the potstickers over onto their other side one by one.
- Now, drizzle the olive oil on top on the new side facing up.
- The cooking time is another six more minutes.
- When time is up, let them cool for a bit before serving.
Potstickers Dipping Sauce
The P.F. Chang’s Signature Frozen Chicken Dumplings come with a side of their signature soy sauce, so this is a really easy recipe because you don’t even need to make your favorite dipping sauce if you don’t want to!
What did you think of these air fryer potstickers? What type of dumpling did you make? (Chicken is my favorite.) Let me know on Instagram at @ChristinaAllDay.
Besides egg rolls, this is my favorite Asian appetizer. Next time, I’ll try egg rolls in the air fryer and let you know how it goes!
Oh yes, you can expect to see some more air fryer recipes here on the blog. In the meantime, click here to see what other tasty foods we’re whipping up in the kitchen.
By the way, I’m going with potstickers as one word instead of two, because Grammarly told me pot stickers as two words was wrong. Grammarly is the boss of the blog, if I’m being honest.