If you came here for the best gingerbread cookies recipe, you’re in the right place. But these gingerbread cookies aren’t like any others. These are gingerbread cookie cups.
What are Cookie Cups?
The Cookie Cups is a bakery that sells gourmet cookies in the shape of a mini cupcake. (Does it get any better than that?!)
The cookie has been reinvented to maintain a chewy center with the crisp texture of the traditional cookie.
[bctt tweet=”The #cookie has been reinvented thanks to @TheCookieCups. #GingerbreadCookieRecipe” username=”MediaMaven_CN”]
Gingerbread Cookie Cups
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fine granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (substitute GF all-purpose for gluten-free)
- 4 tbsp. cinnamon (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- In a mixer or bowl (use a hand mixer if using a bowl), mix butter (softened) with egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add in sugar and flour.
- Use a mini scoop to make perfect size scoops for your mini cupcake baking pan. (Make sure you line the pan with mini cupcake tins.)
- Bake about 12-13 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve warm with ice cream of your choice!
This recipe makes 48 cookie cups!
Frosting for Gingerbread Cookie Cups
- In a small bowl, mix water with 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add 1 tbsp ground ginger.
- Grind 1 cup of candy canes in a food processor or chopper.
- Sprinkle the ground candy cane mix on top.
Want some other Cookie Cups?
My friend Nicki Bandklayder created Cookie Cups by mistake… a genius mistake. Nicki wanted to make chocolate chip cookies without the right oven pan, but she did happen to have a mini cupcake pan. That’s when she put the cookie dough in that way and the rest is history!
After you try this easy gingerbread cookie cups recipe, you might want more. Good news! You can get more by clicking here!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love this one for butter cake. It’s the most viewed post on this blog!