There is nothing more fun to make around Christmas than sugar cookies. That’s why I’m sharing the best sugar cookie recipe AND sugar cookie icing recipe I’ve come across.
It’s so easy, even a four-year-old can make it! Don’t leave this blog post without watching the Christmas episode of Baking with Bunny below.
The Best Sugar Cookies Recipe
Best Sugar Cookies Ingredients
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Best Sugar Cookies Directions
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Add 2 sticks of butter. (I softened mine to the point of it being almost melted in the microwave.)
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Divide the dough into two sections.
- Divide the dough again, so you have four different sections to work with.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out.
- Use cookie cutters to cut cookies.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Easy Sugar Cookies Icing Ingredients
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
Easy Sugar Cookies Icing Directions
- Beat the confectioner’s sugar and water until it’s blended.
- Add food coloring if you want it tinted.
- Use a knife or decorating bags to decorate the cookies.
- TIP: For thicker frosting, add more confectioners sugar.
- ANOTHER TIP: If you put the cookies in the refrigerator for a bit after icing them, the icing will harden… and it’s delicious!
This sugar cookie recipe will make about 75 cookies. Enjoy!