This cheesy buffalo chicken dip recipe is a great appetizer for game days. The first time I made this was for a Super Bowl party.
My daughter and I made this six years ago, and more recently, my sister was visiting so we made it again and documented the entire process. Not only will this video show you how easy it is to make, but also keep you entertained for a few minutes… with an impromptu trip to the grocery store in the middle.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Chicken Dip Ingredients
- 8-ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounces of Frank’s RedHot sauce (add more hot sauce to make it spicier)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of ranch dressing
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- a bag of tortilla chips
Chicken Dip Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a glass baking dish like this one, first spread the cream cheese on the bottom.
- Second, spread the shredded chicken breast (or rotisserie chicken) as the second layer.
- Third, mix the melted butter and hot sauce together to spread evenly on top of the chicken.
- Drizzle some ranch on top to create a fourth layer.
- Finally, finish the dip by topping it with shredded cheese.
- Cook the chicken dip in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese on top melts.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before dipping your tortilla chips in the creamy dip and serving!
You can also substitute ingredients in the small casserole dish or on the side. Some people like to add sour cream, salsa, or barbecue sauce to the cheesy chicken dip.
Topping it with green onions or serving with celery sticks and ranch dip on the side with buffalo wings is a great way to serve it.
A large bowl of potato chips beside the buffalo dip recipe with a recipe card makes a perfect appetizer too!
If you make this cheesy dip, please find me on Instagram and let me know how it turned out at @ChristinaAllDay. This is the best buffalo chicken dip recipe… and it can be a spicy dip or not so spicy dip depending on the amount of hot sauce you add to it.
What other appetizer recipes would you like to see here to get ready for your next party?