Since getting this air fryer, I’ve learned that you can cook just about anything in it. So tonight, we’re cooking juicy hamburgers for our whole family.
If you’re new here, I’m not a great cook. I’m more of a baker, so my husband is on air fryer duty with this recipe for delicious burgers.
First, Season the Hamburger Patties
This is a big part of making delicious burgers – the seasoning. Whether you’re using frozen patties or making your own beef patties with fresh ground beef, an easy recipe includes garlic powder, black pepper, kosher salt, and olive oil.
Some people have their favorite seasonings to make their burger taste a specific way. (My husband likes to use oatmeal, brown sugar, minced garlic, and ketchup.)
You can add your own hamburger seasoning or mix it with a couple of Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce or barbeque sauce in a large bowl.
Let me know what you use for your own burgers on Instagram at @ChristinaAllDay.
Juicy burger cooking tip: Press your thumb into the middle section of each hamburger patty to ensure the meat cooks evenly. Doing this helps the patty keep its shape.
How Long to Cook Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
1. In the air fryer basket, place the hamburger patties in a single layer. You should be able to fit four of them in the air fryer basket. If you’re making smaller ones, or sliders, like we are, then you can fit six.
2. The cooking time depends on how thick you made your ground beef patties. Most cook between nine to 12 minutes. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is around 160 degrees F.
Best burgers cooking tip: If you’re using frozen hamburger patties, for best results, cook them for an extra few minutes. My husband likes to cook one side for 3/4 of the time, then flip the burgers and cook them on the other side for the rest.
3. If you want to add cheese slices to your delicious hamburgers, then you can drop a slice of cheese on top while each burger is in the air fryer. Let it melt a bit, for one minute or so, before using a spatula or tongs to remove. This is how you make air fryer cheeseburgers!
4. Feel free to add your favorite toppings after you’ve removed the burgers from the air fryer.
5. Serve your perfect burger on a bun with a side of sweet potato fries or potato wedges to make the perfect meal. (You can make those in the air fryer too!)
Extras? Just wrap them up in aluminum foil or in an airtight container and save them for later.
If turkey burgers are more your thing, then you can do this same thing to cook turkey burgers in an air fryer. Even the cook time is the same.
If you have any other air fryer hamburger recipes, pass them along! For other easy recipes we’ve made in the air fryer, click here.