I find it difficult to find good social media influencer books because the industry changes at lightning speed. For this reason, you want to be mindful of when a book is published to ensure you’re getting the most up-to-date information.
It’s also important to get specific information. When it comes to excelling in the influencer or blogger space, there is a plethora of generic information that isn’t too helpful, so be sure you’re reading a book from someone who is successful in the industry. This is the best way to learn!
7 Best Social Media Influencer Books to Read
Some of the social media influencer books in this roundup are books I’ve read and loved as a business owner. Others are books on my to-be-read list. Some links shared are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission. (You’re a content creator, so you get it!)
1. Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media by Brittany Hennessy
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $10.
Every one of your favorite influencers started with zero followers and had to make a lot of mistakes to get where they are today—earning more money each year than their parents made in the last decade. But to become a top creator, you need to understand the strategies behind the Insta-ready lifestyle.
As nightlife blogger, then social media strategist, and now Senior Director of Influencer Strategy and Talent Partnerships at Hearst Magazines Digital Media, Brittany Hennessy has seen the role of influencers evolve and expand into something that few could have imagined when social media first emerged. She has unrivaled insight into where the branded content industry was, where it is, and where it’s going. In this book she’ll reveal how to:
- Build a target audience and keep them engaged
- Package your brand and pitch your favorite companies
- Monetize your influence and figure out how much to charge
Plus tips on:
- Landing an agent
- Getting on the radar of your favorite sites
- Praising a brand without alienating their competitors
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re ready for bigger campaigns, Hennessy guides you through core influencer principles. From creating content worth double tapping and using hashtags to get discovered, to understanding FTC rules and delivering metrics, she’ll show you how to elevate your profile, embrace your edge, and make money—all while doing what you love.
2. How To Be Internet Famous: The #1 Social Media Marketing Book On ‘How To Go Viral’ and Build a Powerful Personal Brand For Social Media Influencers by Brendan A. Cox
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $18.
Although he himself has no desire to be in the spotlight he knows exactly how to put the spotlight on you.
How To Be Internet Famous includes:
- An insightful look into social media basics from an influencer standpoint
- In-depth strategies on how to achieve fame and virality online
- A comprehensive guide to what it takes to become a successful influencer
- Unique break down of how the right influencers are turning their following into money and truly monetizing their reach online
If you are ready to turn your passion into your career on social media, this book will help you grow, scale and monetize your brand online. If you feel like you could be the next big influencer, How To Be Internet Famous is for you.
3. Influencer Marketing Mastery Secrets: 2 books in 1, Tips and Tricks, How to Reach a million Followers through Social Media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in the New Age by Jason Miller
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $15.
This comprehensive guide on social media and content marketing will show you how to achieve a successful presence in the social media world and become an influencer in no time!
Being noticed amongst millions on social networks is extremely challenging. Many get lost in the masses, but some rise to the top. If you want to be a part of the second group, keep reading to find out how!
With this book, you get numerous strategies, techniques, tips, and tricks for making it on social media and reaching an amazing amount of followers. Some of them are completely new but insanely effective.
This book is a collection of new approaches to social media marketing, updated and relevant for the new decade we’ve just stepped into.
Here’s what you get:
- A guide on how social media work – the background, success secrets, and previously unpublished information
- Numerous strategies for social media marketing
- A guide on Facebook marketing – creating and optimizing your page, promoting it, and making money with it
- Instructions on how to become an Instagram celebrity – get followers, profit from it, and beat Instagram algorithms
- Strategies for creating a successful YouTube channel – how to improve your videos and monetize them
- A guide on how to become a star on Twitter – create lists, earn money and promote your business
Social media is like any other “technology” we use in this fast-paced world. It changes rapidly, and sometimes, techniques that worked 6 months ago, are now obsolete and useless.
4. Social Media Marketing 2022: 4 Books in 1: Social Media for Beginners, Instagram Marketing to Become an Influencer, Facebook Advertising, Google AdWords (Analytics, SEO and Ads for Your Business) by Jeremy Preace
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $34.
How many times have you thought about how it would feel to be a CEO who draws a $4,000, $5,000, or even $6,000 paycheck every month?
And best of all, the security knowing this will last indefinitely!
How would you feel to be in this powerful financial position?
Of course, until a few years ago, it was unthinkable for a “normal” person to reach that state of economic independence. But fortunately, today the way of doing business has changed… by a lot!
More precisely, things have changed for those who have chosen to take charge of their life and venture into the world of online business.
Social media marketing is the heart of any business today. There’s simply no denying it!
This four-book bundle is all you need!
Here is a preview of what you will learn:
- Everything about the most prominent social media platforms
- How Google works
- Everything about AdWords, Google Analytics, SEO, and ads
- What the best strategies are to rank at the top using Facebook, Instagram, and other social media
- The secrets of becoming an expert influencer and increasing your income using the ultimate strategies on social media and advertising
Social Media Marketing 2022 includes:
Book 1 – Social Media Marketing for Beginners
Don’t worry if you are a beginner, this guide covers the basics of expert techniques.
Book 2 – Instagram Marketing
There are a lot of secrets to discover about Instagram! Are you ready to build a large following fast and convert those followers into dollars?
Book 3 – Facebook Advertising
The best strategies on Facebook to promote your business, increase your income using the Facebook marketing campaign, and avoid common mistakes!
Book 4 – Google AdWords
The best Google AdWords guide: local SEO, compelling ads, optimizing for conversions, optimizing your AdWords campaign, and more!
5. Research Perspectives on Social Media Influencers and Brand Communication by Brandi Watkins
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $95.
Research Perspectives on Social Media Influencers and Brand Communication examines the myriad ways in which social media and the unique characteristics of the internet have changed brand communication for both brands and consumers, focusing on the social media influencer as a brand communicator.
As brands have noticed the rise of social media influencers as tastemakers and leaders in public opinion, they have increasingly begun to incorporate social media influencers into their brand communication strategies.
Each chapter of this book represents a unique theoretical and methodological approach to examining the emergence and growing legitimacy of the social media influencer as a brand communicator.
It does this from a variety of perspectives and contexts by discussing challenges and opportunities afforded to brands by social media influencers. It also provides an overview of the current research on the use of these branding approaches.
Scholars of media studies, communication, and marketing will find this book particularly useful.
6. Instagram Marketing Secrets: From Zero to One Hundred Thousand Followers. Practical and Quick Guide with Strategies and Techniques to Become a “Real” Influencer and Get Noticed on Instagram by Harrison H. Philips
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $15.
Need to grow your Instagram? Do you want to get popular? Still, spending hours choosing the right hashtag? Would you like to make money on Instagram?
It’s simpler than you think. It just takes a little bit of patience and planning. You need to learn how Instagram really works and what mindset you must have to succeed.
Do you want to discover how to get ‘Your Tribe’ asking you to sell to them?
Whether you’re looking to grow your personal brand, build a business or rapidly grow niche Instagram accounts, this practical guide will show you exactly how to go from 0 followers to engaged and relevant followers in no time.
In this book, you will learn the following topics step by step:
- Why Instagram
- Who Are You Addressing?
- You Have to Give Content to Your Followers
- How to Create Daily Content
- How to Understand If Content Works on Instagram
- Promoting Your Profile
With practical examples and exercises to put into practice and have results immediately on your Instagram account.
7. TikTok Marketing with TikTok SEO & Algorithm Ultimate Money Guide: TikTok Influencer & Entrepreneur; TikTok Success & Monetization; Social Media Influencer Marketing; For Beginners and Beyond & Dummies by InvestingWizard Press
Click here to buy it on Amazon for $15.
TikTok is a fertile ground for organic reach and paid advertising. It’s not uncommon for a TikToker to earn $4,000-$5,000 per post. This is the platform that can help you earn six figures easier than you thought. Also, you can definitely use this platform to your business’s advantage.
However, no strategy equals a significant loss. TikTok is no exception to this rule. This is why it’s super risky to start without a comprehensive guide to TikTok marketing.
This book provides all the answers and is your one-stop-shop for all your TikTok needs.
Inside, you will learn:
- How to Find Your Own Profitable TikTok Niche
- How to Optimize Your TikTok Profile
- How to Use TikTok Algorithm and Metrics to Succeed on TikTok
- How to Use TikTok SEO to Make Your Content Go Viral And Get More Engagement and Followers
- How to Master Influencer Marketing
- How to Monetize Your TikTok Account for the Maximum Profits
- Best TikTok Tools to Triple Your TikTok Account
- How to Safely Protect Your TikTok Account
Whether you are a (future) social media influencer, business owner, or brand manager, this guide is your ticket to building real influence as well as an enjoyable, profitable, and deeply rewarding business.
There are tons of good books for social media marketers to help take your Instagram feed to the next level and even create a killer business plan for future influencer campaigns.
Do you have any books you’d like to see me add to this list? In your opinion, what are the best books for Instagram influencers or content creators? Find me on Instagram at @ChristinaAllDay and let me know! I’d love to add more case studies and best practices to this blog post.