This chocolatey Scotcheroos recipe is great for bake sales or just enjoying with family and friends.
The best part? They require no baking, so it’s a great kitchen activity to involve your kids.
Imagine rice cereal crisps, ran-in peanut butter, then doused in butterscotch and chocolate chips. Amazing, right?
Like kids, adults love these chocolate Scotcheroos. Who wouldn’t?!
Chocolate Scotcheroos Recipe
Chocolate Scotcheroos Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- ¾ cup of butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ tbsp. of shortening
Chocolate Scotcheroos Recipe Directions
- Stir the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add peanut butter to the sugar mixture and mix both together.
- Add the rice cereal and stir until it’s well coated.
- Pour the mixture in a 13X9” greased pan and press it into place.
- Melt the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl slowly so it doesn’t burn.
- Stir and spread the chips mixture over the cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate for forty-five minutes.
- Then cut into bars and enjoy!
For the most popular dessert recipe on this blog, butter cake just like the one from California Pizza Kitchen, click here.