As we say goodbye to 2015, I hope we say goodbye forever to these five things that really annoyed me this year. I’m easily annoyed, so it was tough to cut this list down to just five things, but here it is: The five things I don’t want to see in 2016.
- Being Offended. Is it just me, or was everyone offended by everything this year? If I don’t like a shirt in a store, I just don’t buy it. It never occurred to me I should start a petition and alert the media about a shirt I didn’t like. In 2016, let’s just agree to disagree, k?
- Mommy Wars. Maybe I’m more privy to this because I’m in the “mommy blogosphere” but seriously moms, ya’ll are crazy. I don’t care if you’re a stay at home mom or if your kid is in daycare. Why do you care my kids are in daycare? The same goes for me formula feeding my babies. And piercing my daughters ears. (No joke, someone tracked down my information to reach out to me and ask me why I would do such a thing. This crazy NEEDED to understand.) Like, who cares? Does it really matter to you that much?! You do you, and I’ll do me, deal?
- Breastfeeding Pictures. I wish I got a dollar for every mom who posted a picture of themselves, for all to see, in an attempt to “normalize” breastfeeding. I’d be rich… and convinced breastfeeding is normal – kidding! But that’s why they do it right? Because on one hand, I hear preaching out how it’s okay to do in public because it’s so natural and normal… but it’s not normal enough that we have to post pictures of it, and share pictures of it, and comment on pictures of it. Just stop. Feed your kid and call it a day. Your attempt to “normalize” is counterproductive.
- “Stop Trying to Take Our Guns Away.” No one is trying to take your guns away. Stop acting like someone is coming for you and your guns whenever people get upset about gun violence in this country. If people on the terror watch list, no fly list, and the mentally ill can still legally buy AK 47s, don’t worry. I don’t think anyone is coming for your guns. You’re being a tad defensive. Simmer.
- Social Media Chains and Hoaxes. Stop telling me to copy and paste something to my profile to show how much I care. I don’t care. Not about that silliness. Not since I was 12 years old. You look like an idiot when you say Mark Zuckerberg is going to give you a whole lot of money for posting a status update you saw online… and apparently on Good Morning America. You didn’t see it on GMA. Stop believing everything you read on the internet. Facebook isn’t going to start charging you either.
So that’s it – my list of 5 things I don’t want to see in 2016. I hope it didn’t offend you… and if it does, I’d seek professional help. Just sayin’.