While attending the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, I was gifted this kids cookbook from GoGo squeeZ. It’s called The Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches on the Planet and it’s got a great recipe for blueberry bread. I added some tweaks and came up with a recipe for Banana Blueberry Bread.
Banana Blueberry Bread Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of purified bananas (The original recipe calls for 1 cup of yogurt, not bananas)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
Banana Blueberry Bread Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour. This helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan while baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt.
Click here to Pin this on Pinterest!
- In a mixer, mix the bananas (or yogurt), sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and coconut oil on low-speed until all items are thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, making sure there are no lumps, but being careful not to over mix. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for an hour, or until a toothpick comes out cool.
- Let the bread cool in the pan before cutting and eating.
Again, I swapped out the yogurt in the original recipe for bananas and it tasted so good!
For my favorite banana bread recipe, click here. This one also has a fun video tutorial. See?