Happy National Coffee Day! a
62 percent of Americans drinking coffee daily. I am not one of them, but my husband is.
Best Coffee Cities in America (and National Coffee Day Deals 2020)
The personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2020’s Best Coffee Cities in America, along with its list of top coffee deals and discounts offered by retailers during the holiday.
To determine the best local coffee scenes in America, WalletHub compared the 100 largest cities across 12 key indicators of a strong coffee culture. The data set ranges from coffee shops, coffee houses, and cafés per capita to the average price per pack of coffee.
Top 20 Cities for Coffee Lovers
|1. Seattle, WA||11. Minneapolis, MN|
|2. San Francisco, CA||12. Orlando, FL|
|3. Portland, OR||13. Washington, DC|
|4. Miami, FL||14. Boston, MA|
|5. Tampa, FL||15. Long Beach, CA|
|6. Pittsburgh, PA||16. Los Angeles, CA|
|7. Honolulu, HI||17. Irvine, CA|
|8. Denver, CO||18. New Orleans, LA|
|9. Oakland, CA||19. Austin, TX|
|10. Atlanta, GA||20. Jersey City, NJ|
Best vs. Worst Coffee Cities in America
- Miami and Hialeah, Florida, have the lowest average price for a pack of coffee, $3.44, which is 2.4 times lower than in Honolulu, the city with the highest at $8.10.
- Fremont, California, has the highest average annual spending on coffee per household, $236.41, which is 3.7 times higher than in Detroit, the city with the lowest at $63.91.
- Gilbert, Arizona, has the highest share of households that own a single-cup/pod-brewing coffee maker, 25.68 percent, which is 2.9 times higher than in Newark, New Jersey, the city with the lowest at 9.01 percent.
- Orlando, Florida, has the most coffee shops, coffee houses, and cafés (per square root of population), 0.4571, which is 7.5 times more than in Laredo, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.0611.
- Portland, Oregon, has the most coffee and tea manufacturers (per square root of population), 0.0219, which is 43.8 times more than in Riverside and San Bernardino, California, the cities with the fewest at 0.0005.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, click here.