This is the best apple crisp you will ever have if you like a lot of crumbly topping and don’t like oats, like me. Yes, it is possible to find an apple crisp without oats recipe… and my mom gives this five stars.
This is one of my favorite desserts and my favorite way to make this is by using simple ingredients that do not include an oat topping. The best part of this easy apple crisp recipe is that the crumble topping will last for days if it’s in an airtight container.
I bake mine in a glass dish that’s about 8×12 inches. This glass casserole baking dish on Amazon is perfect for this apple crisp recipe… and it’s only $20.
Best Apple Crisp Without Oats and Extra Crisp Recipe [VIDEO]
Best Apple Crisp Without Oats Recipe
Apple Crisp Without Oats Ingredients
- 4 apples (you can use any type of apple – Granny Smith apples, Honeycrisp apples, or picked from an apple orchard during apple season)
- 1 cup of white sugar (some use coconut sugar – you do you!)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (increase this if you love cinnamon apples)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (feel free to use almond flour if you want)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter – soft, but not melted (you can use cold butter if you’re using a food processor… and yes, vegan butter works here too!)
Apple Crisp Without Oats Directions
1.) Peel and cut the apples so you have cubed apples that are no bigger than a square inch or sliced apples. While you are doing this, let your oven heat up to 350 degrees.
2.) Put the apples in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and start the crisp topping!
3.) Mix together all of the other ingredients, except the butter.
4.) Slowly add the butter until it is all mixed in.
5.) Sprinkle the topping over the apples and spread it out evenly.
6.) Cover the dish with foil and bake it for 30 minutes.
7.) After the first 30 minutes is up, remove the foil and bake it for 30 more minutes.
8.) Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream!
To jazz up this easy recipe, try adding lemon juice, maple syrup, caramel sauce, or strawberry rhubarb.
I’d love to know how this delicious apple crisp without oat crumble turned out for you. Please find me on Instagram at @ChristinaAllDay and let me know! I know a lot of people view this as a classic fall dessert, but for me, it’s one of the best desserts I make and eat it year-round!
Before you go, click here to see the most popular recipe on my blog, Butter Cake!